I seriously don't know whether to laugh or cry. Today Minnie (age 3.5) brought home a paper entitled, "'All About My Mom". Her preschool teacher had asked the kids questions about their moms and wrote down their responses.
It is not good.
Really hoping that DCS does not come remove our children from our home.
1. What is your favorite thing to do with your mom? To drop me off with Grandma and Grandpa
2. What is something your mom always says to you? "Clean up your room"
3. What makes your mom happy? When I unload the dishwasher
4. What does your mom do for her job? Loads the dishwasher for me
5. What is your mom's favorite food? Salad (ha!)
6. What is your mom really good at doing? Dropping me off!
7. How do you know that your mom really loves you? Because Daddy spanks me all the time and she says, "No!, No!, No!, Daddy!"
After you stop laughing, can I get a HUGE "Harrumph!"? Really? Her favorite thing to do with me is getting dropped off at Grandma and Grandpas!!! It makes it sound like she only tolerates me long enough to get to where she really wants to go! She loves me for my license! Sadness!!!!!!!
I was feeling very unloved until I got to the last question and she makes her beloved Daddy sound like a child abuser! Then I laughed.. and at least felt a bit better :)
Here is how I envisioned her answering the questions:
1. What is your favorite thing to do with your mom? reading books together!
2. What is something your mom always says to you? "Minnie, I love you so much, I am so glad you are my daughter"
3. What makes your mom happy? When I am loving to my brother
4. What does your mom do for her job? Tirelessly serves our family with a joyful heart! :)
5. What is your mom's favorite food? All
6. What is your mom really good at doing? Loving us!
7. How do you know that your mom really loves you? Because she helps me and is patient and kind and teaches me about the love of Jesus. AND she and my daddy LOVINGLY discipline me when I deserve consequences.
Well, apparently the mom in my mind and the mom in real life are not always matching up!
Talk about feeling deflated! How will I ever face the preschool teacher next week!!!?! How embarrassing! "Really, we have a very loving family and we get along very well! My husband totally does not continually spank our children, and I DO fun things with my children and do not just 'drop them off'!"
Mickey (age 6) was horrified with her answers and said, "Oh, boy, I hope they don't print that in the newspaper!" (our small town news often interviews the younger grades) At least if we get dragged to court, Mickey can be our lead witness to the fact that we are indeed decent parents! Thank Goodness for that!