Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Every Morning!

Lamentations 3:22-23

New International Version (NIV)
 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.



Minnie is testing her boundaries   

And my patience.  

insert deep sigh of resignation.

I remember Mickey in this stage.  Minnie was a sweet angelic newborn when Mickey was a strong-willed (an understatement) and determined to take-control child. I can remember wearily staring at my darling baby and thinking... "I have to go through that stage AGAIN?" (referring to the cute but exhausting just-turned-age-three -stage)

Anyway, last night was a rough one and as I was putting Minnie to bed, I opened up her Children's Bible and it fell open to Lamentations which describes  the Lord's mercies and how they are new every morning.  I used this to encourage her.

"Minnie, I know we have had a rough day and we have had to discipline you a lot. (sniffle sniffle from Minnie) But tomorrow is a NEW DAY and the Lord's Mercies are new EVERY morning!

Minnie refusing to be encouraged stated defeatedly, "Well, God's mwoosies (mercies) are  ode (old) at night. " (sniffle sniffle, wilt)

A very good theological point that I had not yet considered.



Morning does come with so much "new"!  Minnie wakes up every morning with a bright smile on her face and loves me more in the first 10 minutes of her day than she does the rest of the day!  I cherish those 10 minutes!

I had to include this picture of Minnie as I LOVE it!  She is snuggled in with her dollies on her "lovey"!  The doll right beside her is her most beloved.  Her name is "Diseasa"   Isn't that hilarious!!!

As you can see from the picture, Minnie has lost pretty much every strand of her hair hence looking exactly like her dollies!  The good news is that it is coming back in.. and appears to still be red..perhaps a few shades lighter than before... but its hard to tell when it is so short.

 After we visited the Pediatrician and did blood testing, we were referred to the Dermatologist and he *thinks* it is  hair condition called Telogen Effluvium--although we cannot think of a fever or trauma that would have caused it.  So her hair should grow back... but for now I am thankful for the arsenal of flower headbands that I have and of course very thankful that her hair loss does not appear to be any grave medical issue.

Missed the original post about Minnie's Hair Loss, (and some of my own crazy hair pics)?  click here

No comments: