Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To My Teenage Self...





So this is my first attempt at being a Hearts at Home Blogger.  The Third Thursday of every month there is a blog hop topic for Hearts at Home Bloggers!  Last month we were supposed to write about our favorite home-cooked meal.... and since I have so many I just could not decide... okay okay-- I could not be bothered as me writing about my home-cooked meals would waste everybody's time!


June's topic is:  


If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would you say?


I have been thinking about this topic for the last few days ever since I got an email about the topic.  I have to really scale it down as this post could be SUPER long as I have a WHOLE lot to say to that little whippersnapper!  


1.  ummm. I hate to break it to ya darling--but your metabolism is going to come to a screeching halt at age 24 and your size 3 jeans will FOREVER be a thing of the past.  So take a good look at that cute little figure and kiss it goodbye so you can have proper closure! Or learn to eat healthy at age 23... your choice.  


2.  that guy you talked to forever at that party at your cousins... well you are going to end up marrying him.  He's the best.  You are one incredibly blessed girl.  You don't know a thing about choosing a mate for the rest of your life, but God is gonna bless the socks off of you! I don't know why--he just does.  


3.  I know you think you love God, but you need to really read his Word.  Memorize Scripture and make it your passion in life.  Seventeen Magazine is your main read these days, but trust me, knowing the Word of God is a whole lot more important that learning to apply your mascara at an angle to achieve that Marilyn Monroe look.  


4. I know you think  FHA (Future Homemakers  of America) is a joke and you could have no interest in joining what-so-ever..but take it from me--you are not going to be a famous actress, cheerleader or sprinter--so a few real life skills would be VALUABLE!!


5.  Sweet little teen without a care in the world~  you will be shocked  and devastated  and delighted at how some of your closest relationships will unfold...  your eyes will open to the huge world and the horrors  world -wide that you have no idea about....  the more you learn about God, the more questions you will have.  You will begin to grasp the turbulence of life and the Rock that Christ is.  Thank God for his blessings every day.  


6.   Your parents are amazing.  You may think they are a bit too strict now.  But you will soon realize that they have your best interests at heart and they will stick by you, encourage you and love you unconditionally for your whole life.   You don't realize that you are soaking up their example of a committed marriage and devotion to God.  Never take them for granted and thank God for them every day.  


7.. You will never feel like a grown-up. Not even at 35.  


Want to see what other Bloggers would share with their teenage self?  Visit the Blog Hop below!


8EGTQACEW7TQ 

10 comments:

Momma in Progress said...

Welcome to the HAH blog hop! It's been so much fun reading everyone's thoughts these last few months. Enjoy!

Debbie Giese said...

Love the metabolism part...my eyes always rolled to the top of my head when "old" people would tell me to enjoy it then, because it doesn't last.

Alicia said...

Oh, I'm laughing with you :) Yes, if only we'd had a little vision back in those dramatic teen years. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your humor and heart today!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

I would tell her about Jesus - how He desires to be the love of our lives. I would tell her that no matter what others think of you, if you are following Him, your path will be straight and joyful. I would also warn her of the temptations that go with the teenage years - dating, sex, alcohol, drugs, peer pressure, etc. - and help her make a plan to avoid those temptations. Most of all, I would never stop saying "I love you", no matter how much she rolled her eyes:)

Michelle said...

Love the size 3 comment! I'd have to tell myself the same thing! Thanks for sharing:)
Michelle
Faith on Fire

Lisa said...

Welcome to the blog hop and thanks for your comment! All of your comments to yourself really took me back to the time when I thought I would be young (and skinny) and invincible forever. And you're right... I still don't feel like a grown up!

Pam said...

I just love every single one of those--they could all apply to me as well. And, I'm going to go check out your Timbali post now--I'm going on the Timbali trip in August!!!

Susan M. Heim said...

These are all great! I'm now 46 and still don't feel like a grown-up either!

Rochelle said...

Perfectly written, Tricia! Love this post.

Angie said...

this is a great list and so true!
angie
www.livinglifewithaprincess.blogspot.com