Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Funny Story

Okay, I know.. what an un-original blog title.  But I can't think of anything more intriguing.

Mickey had an issue on his knee that required a tweezer, squeezing, hydrogen peroxide, antibiotic ointment and band-aid.  Hubby handles these issues as much as possible as I am known to faint without warning.

So I distance myself from the situation and am busily cleaning up the kitchen when I overhear and observe this scenario:

Hubby:  Well Mickey, you are all taken care of, I don't think you are going to die.

Mickey:  WHAT?! (not realizing that his daddy's statement was in jest)

Hubby: (realizing that his four year old did not understand the jesting) Oh Mickey, I am KIDDING!

Mickey:  You mean I AM going to die?

Hubby:  No, NO, I mean I was kidding when I said that I don't think you are going to die...(pause)  I mean, you AREN'T going to die from this, I mean....you are going to be fine.  never mind.

Poor kids.  We really mess them up, don't we!

No comments: