Saturday, May 1, 2010

Is my son normal?

Surely every parent has this haunting thought cross their mind? Should I be starting a bank account for years of therapy? Should he be in therapy as I write?


The concern actually came from Hubby.


Apparently a few weeks ago Hubby and Mickey were out and about in the minivan and just as the automatic doors were closing, Mickey spotted a dinosaur left behind on the floor. Mickey lunged forward to grab it and Hubby valiantly pulled Mickey out before his hand was severed. (now I know, the doors are supposed to stop if anything is in its way.. but apparently it did not appear to be stopping.. who knows)


Hubby gave Mickey a lecture. A lecture about how rescuing a small plastic dinosaur could have cost him his hand and he should never ever put his hand in a closing door!


Mickey did not have the response that Hubby was hoping for.

"So," Mickey said thoughtfully, chewing on the information he had just received.

Now this is the disturbing part:

"If I get my hand chopped off by the van door.... CAN I GET A HOOK!!!!?????"

So, what do you think?  Therapy? 




7 comments:

smw said...

that is hysterical. sounds like a very optimistic child!

Amy said...

LOL! That is hilarious! He is just trying to problem solve. ;)

Amy said...

lol :) it sounds like he knows what to say to get attention and reaction from a logical father :)

Janelle said...

I can't stop laughing. This is so funny!!!!

Cole said...

funny! gotta love boys! :) cute blog.

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

Lynnette Kraft said...

Hi Mouseymom. :)

This is my first time to visit (at least I think so). Such a nice time I've had roaming around for a bit. What a funny story. Don't worry, your son seems perfectly normal to me! I have three little boys and I continually marvel at how unusual they are! ha! My oldest (who is now 19) was under the influence of 3 sisters so he was a little milder in the 'crazy boy' department.

Very cute family.
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

Caroline said...

Aaaaaargh! That's awesome, way to look on the bright side Solomon!