Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Moment of Parenting Triumph!!!

It did not start out well! Minnie took Mickey's Leapster and dashed it to the hard-surfaced floor. Mickey is horrified and says, "MOMMY, She is going to break my LEAPSTER!!! HELP!"

Minnie was so pleased with such a scene so she picked up the leapster and crashed it into the floor again.--with much pleasure!

"Minnie!, go to the time-out chair!" said I.

And to my ultimate surprise, Minnie marched herself right to the time-out chair and there she sat. She looked so tiny and cute that I had to surpress a smile.

After a minute, I asked Minnie if she was ready to say sorry to Mickey. Mickey went over to the chair so that they could make amends. Minnie promptly took her little hand and whapped Mickey on the head. (gleefully, I might add)

Clearly repentance had not settled into her cute little heart!

Mickey then said to her, "Minnie, you have to ask God for help to get your heart right. I will show you!"

Then Mickey modeled how one asks God for forgiveness and help to make good choices.

And there it was!

A moment of parenting triumph!

A moment when you see your older child teaching spiritual principles to your younger child-- all the work, all the tiring questions, all the discipline, all the prayers, at that moment it becomes clear that it is SO worth it! To see the concepts of sin, repentance, forgivness and restoration sunk deep into the heart of Mickey so that he could pour it out to mentor Minnie was a parental moment of joy!

I savored the scene for a bit, but then ran to get my camera so that Hubby could also partake. Of course, I only caught the tail-end of the mentoring on camera... but what a sweet memory this will be!

Brought to mind this verse:

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
(3 John 1:4)

So true, it brought such joy to this momma!



video

5 comments:

Justin & Sarah said...

Oh how, sweet, precious, glorious!! I could think of a ton of adjectives!! :) What a special moment, AND you caught it on tape! :)

Jane said...

God be praised! You are doing a great job modeling for your children walking in truth! Love you.

Amy said...

What a special moment! What fun you were able to capture some of it on tape!

Anonymous said...

This is the most precious thing in the world. I love the "Amen" at the end. Minnie is so lucky to have a brother like Mickey who cares for her spiritual well-being.

Amy said...

love this!!