Thursday, January 28, 2010

Simple Messy Fun!

I thought that I was creative.  Well, apparently I am not.  Well, maybe I am, but just lack the energy... who can tell!   I have become very attached to a blog called Simple. Messy. Fun!  Funny enough, the blog title's three words pretty much describe myself! 

Amy is the creator of this blog and she was a teacher, as well as an administrator for a child-care center, and now a stay-at-home mom and fantastic blogger with amazing ideas.  I use her ideas often and it is always a big hit with my children.  One of their favorites was a link to printable alphabet exercise cards.  Mickey loves to do them and it gives him quality time with me, letter-sound practice , exercise and fun!  And little sister can join in!  I keep her blog on my sidebar so that I never miss a new post. 

She gives great book ideas, simple crafts, links to educational resources, and in general Amy combines fun and learning for children... and the best part is that she does all the thinking and I get to reap the benefits!  Her son is also a dinosaur addict and I get fun dinosaur ideas from her.  I have never met Amy but we have become cyber friends and our sons have even exchanged dinosaur pictures that they colored for each other! 

I have recommended this blog to several friends and they have loved it.  I hope you do too!

simplemessyfun.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the shout out Tricia! That was so nice of you! Oh, and watch for an email from my friend Brenda O. She wants to buy some flowerbands for her 2 yr old and baby for their Easter outfits. :)

Jane said...

I love the new blog look. It is fun to stay in touch this way, I just have to watch my time getting sucked into the cyber world. Steve and I went out to dinner last night and I just cracked up (or cried inside) at the number of couples sitting next to each other while they were waiting for a table texting on their phones instead of talking to each other!!!