Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Psalm 30:11-12

Psalm 30:11-12

You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks forever.

These verses sum up the song of my heart.

Today I had an EMG. It is a nerve conductivity test. It was not altogether bad, lets just say it involved electrical currents and needles. I know, it sounds like a torture method, but it was okay. I was told specifically by the nurse that the neurologist performing the test would not give me any results so I was not expecting anything today.

But out of the mercy of our Father, the very kind doctor told me that my muscles and nerves passed the test great and that there was not any signs of ALS or any other muscle diseases that were in question. He also told me that he looked at my MRI and that looked fine as well. AND my labs all came back normal ( no Lyme disease, heavy metal toxicity... etc)

Tomorrow I still have a follow up appointment with my neurologist and I guess he will go over the results in more depth and see where we go from here. Yes, I am still having symptoms, but they are much more manageable knowing that they are not signs of the diseases that I was being tested for.

My mind is still trying to wrap around this. I don't feel like it has totally sunk in yet. I of course have lots of questions and such, but right now I just want to bask in the gratefulness to God.

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.


I have learned so much in this month. Not that I would ever want to go through this again, but I am grateful for what I have gained in my relationship with God. I will share more in the coming weeks.

I wanted to share this with you as quickly as possible as I know many of you have prayed on my behalf and have shared tears with me through this month long process. I had been so hesitant to share this so publicly, but the encouragement, prayers, and love shown has been so worth it. Thank you for walking alongside of me.


To God be the Glory!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!!! We are so thankful and praising God with you! To God be all Glory and honor!!!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

Hi-- You don't know me, and I'm not a doctor, but I want to tell you that I too went through a lot of the same sort of symptoms that you are experiencing. I even had white spots on my MRI and still they weren't that concerned with it being the really awful diseases. I have fibromyalgia. It "flares" from time to time, with really weird symptoms, but with exercise, rest, and good diet it's generally manageable. If yours turns out to be something like this, just know you'll be okay. Until then, I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Laura

Janelle said...

Praise the Lord!! Rejoicing with you!!

Rochelle said...

Hip hip hooray! Glad to hear that you are all clear!

Sarah Paynter said...

Great news! Can't wait for all the offical indepth answers.

Courtney said...

I know I left you a phone message, but I just got on my computer and just had to write, as I sing it in my head,
PRAISE TO THE LORD, THE ALMIGHTY, THE KING OF CREATION.
O MY SOUL PRAISE HIM, FOR HE IS MY HEALTH AND SALVATION!
ALL YE WHO HEAR, NOW TO HIS TEMPLE DRAW NEAR...
Love to you, my friend!